Midweek Pennant meeting next Friday 22nd January after midweek practice. BYO lunch. Thanks Robyn.
Wednesday Triples Social Bowls: We now have an early start, names by 9:30 starts @10:30, Thanks Wal
The Frank Thomas 2 Bowls Triples event is an open event and will now be held on Sunday February 21st
Ladies are encouraged to support the Golden Square Ladies Annual Fours Tournament Friday 29th January 2021. 9am assembly for 9.30am start. $12 per person 3 games of 10 ends. BYO lunch Covid restrictions apply. Entries to Joan Brennan 54436485 or 0427188401.
Sponsored by Butterfly Audiology.
Please note that the Midweek Pennant Practice times have changed to:
- Tuesday after 12:00
- Thursday after 2:00
32 of Melbourne Tatts bowlers are back with their annual trip to the Golden Square Bowling Club on Wednesday January 6th.
We need 12 more bowlers for the annual game. The format is a 10:30 start, play 10 ends , enjoy a 2 course luncheon and finish with another 10 ends.
Please put your name on the list in the Clubhouse or contact Wayne Robins on 0423 831 486 to add your name to the list.
A happy New Year to all members. Let’s hope 2021 is a better year than 2020. Here’s the current plans for getting pennant on the way.
Mid-week pennant practice starts on Thursday January 7th. @10:00
Due to 2019/20 State Championships being programmed for 10th to 15th January at Warrnambool:
- Mid-week pennant recommences on Friday January 8th not Monday the 11th.
- Saturday Pennantwill not be played on January 9th. The recommencement will be Saturday January 16th.
Also note, Di needs some helpers with functions on January 17th and 19th. She would appreciate some members to help run the bowls on those days.
Weekend Pennant teams will be announced later today, Wednesday, October 21st. Names will be on selection board. Pennant practice in teams on Thursday if possible and on Saturday a practice match between teams of same division.
Go Square !!!
Pennant will commence on the following dates for season 2020/21:
Midweek Pennant – Monday 26th October 10am.
Weekend Pennant- Saturday 7th November 1pm.
Ends – All Divisions 21 ends straight through
(No lunch break or afternoon tea.)
The current COVID-19 restrictions apply:
- Social Distancing rules apply
- Wash your hands regularly
- Do not handle other participant’s bowls
- Face coverings: in most cases, must still be worn when playing bowls. The DHHS directive provides for face coverings to be removed during strenuous exercise, therefore Bowls Victoria recommends that a player may remove a face covering when puffing or breathing heavily, however it must be replaced once a player has caught their breath. If the mask is removed, it should be kept on the person.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- No spectators allowed
- Shared equipment (jacks & mats) should be cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
- Scoreboards to be changed by home team second only
- Refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others.
- If you are feeling unwell then you should not attend under any circumstances.
- Only two (2) players to be around the head, all others to be 2 metres behind or on the bank.
- If any Club wishes to change time of game please arrange with opposition and advise Pennant Competitions Committee.
- Sanitiser should be readily available on each green.
If any changes to COVID-19 restriction Clubs will be advised of any rule changes.