Please Note- All BBD Bowls events have cancelled or postponed for the next 5 days due to lockdown.
Weekend Pennant cancelled points will be shared.
Midweek Pennant cancelled points will be shared.
State Event finals on Sunday have been postponed until Sunday 21st February at Bendigo.
Region finals will commence Sunday 28th February.
The Region AGM was to be held on Wednesday 17th will now be held Wednesday 24th February venue to be advised.
9am Roll Up – 9.30am Start
V Bendigo East
at Bendigo East
|Div 3 V
At Bendigo East
Midweek Pennant for 25th January has been abandoned due to the forecast extreme heat. All points for games will be shared.
Please note that the Midweek Pennant Practice times have changed to:
- Tuesday after 12:00
- Thursday after 2:00
A happy New Year to all members. Let’s hope 2021 is a better year than 2020. Here’s the current plans for getting pennant on the way.
Mid-week pennant practice starts on Thursday January 7th. @10:00
Due to 2019/20 State Championships being programmed for 10th to 15th January at Warrnambool:
- Mid-week pennant recommences on Friday January 8th not Monday the 11th.
- Saturday Pennantwill not be played on January 9th. The recommencement will be Saturday January 16th.
Also note, Di needs some helpers with functions on January 17th and 19th. She would appreciate some members to help run the bowls on those days.
Pennant will commence on the following dates for season 2020/21:
Midweek Pennant – Monday 26th October 10am.
Weekend Pennant- Saturday 7th November 1pm.
Ends – All Divisions 21 ends straight through
(No lunch break or afternoon tea.)
The current COVID-19 restrictions apply:
- Social Distancing rules apply
- Wash your hands regularly
- Do not handle other participant’s bowls
- Face coverings: in most cases, must still be worn when playing bowls. The DHHS directive provides for face coverings to be removed during strenuous exercise, therefore Bowls Victoria recommends that a player may remove a face covering when puffing or breathing heavily, however it must be replaced once a player has caught their breath. If the mask is removed, it should be kept on the person.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- No spectators allowed
- Shared equipment (jacks & mats) should be cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
- Scoreboards to be changed by home team second only
- Refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others.
- If you are feeling unwell then you should not attend under any circumstances.
- Only two (2) players to be around the head, all others to be 2 metres behind or on the bank.
- If any Club wishes to change time of game please arrange with opposition and advise Pennant Competitions Committee.
- Sanitiser should be readily available on each green.
If any changes to COVID-19 restriction Clubs will be advised of any rule changes.