Please Note- All BBD Bowls events have cancelled or postponed for the next 5 days due to lockdown.
Weekend Pennant cancelled points will be shared.
Midweek Pennant cancelled points will be shared.
State Event finals on Sunday have been postponed until Sunday 21st February at Bendigo.
Region finals will commence Sunday 28th February.
The Region AGM was to be held on Wednesday 17th will now be held Wednesday 24th February venue to be advised.
Midweek Pennant meeting next Friday 22nd January after midweek practice. BYO lunch. Thanks Robyn.
Wednesday Triples Social Bowls: We now have an early start, names by 9:30 starts @10:30, Thanks Wal
The Frank Thomas 2 Bowls Triples event is an open event and will now be held on Sunday February 21st
Ladies are encouraged to support the Golden Square Ladies Annual Fours Tournament Friday 29th January 2021. 9am assembly for 9.30am start. $12 per person 3 games of 10 ends. BYO lunch Covid restrictions apply. Entries to Joan Brennan 54436485 or 0427188401.
Sponsored by Butterfly Audiology.
32 of Melbourne Tatts bowlers are back with their annual trip to the Golden Square Bowling Club on Wednesday January 6th.
We need 12 more bowlers for the annual game. The format is a 10:30 start, play 10 ends , enjoy a 2 course luncheon and finish with another 10 ends.
Please put your name on the list in the Clubhouse or contact Wayne Robins on 0423 831 486 to add your name to the list.
Play will proceed as per normal rules but with social distancing, wearing a mask (you may remove your mask while playing a shot) and following all the hygiene rules as set out by Bowls and Croquet Associations. These rules are displayed at the club. You may remove your mask when seated eating or drinking. The club house will open from now on all days except Sunday. Club caretaker Terry Cope does this.
There is a limit on the number of people who may enter inside the club. The number is ten people per space, along with Bar staff. Two distinct spaces are allowed, that is only twenty people in the club at any one time. On entering the club, you must sign in and sign out, you cannot be in the club longer than two hours and you must social distance. You are obliged to self-regulate the numbers, as well as wipe the table down if leaving.
There are COVID signs everywhere in the club, if you do not follow the rules, you will likely be quietly warned by the Bar Staff or a club official, please think of others.
Clubhouse Closed (including bar)
Social Bowls cancelled until further notice
PRACTICE for MEMBERS ONLY – IS AVAILABLE UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
Maximum of 2 players per rink. Maximum of 10 players per green.
- You should not attend GSB&CC if they have any of the Covid-19 symptoms.
Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
- Must wear Face Masks unless they are exempt.
- Must wash or sanitise their hands and maintain social distancing
- Members need to sign in & out at the “Attendance Registers”
- Ensure you complete all required information each time you attend.
- The “Attendance Sheet” is located on the “Mat Cupboard”
- No spectators are allowed.
Available every day from 6th August 2020 between the hours of 11.30 am and 5.00pm , subject to the availability of Greens.
No Tuesday practice as maintenance will be happening.
Greenkeepers decision which Greens to open.
Social distancing (1.5 metres) must be maintained.
Rinks are set 1.5 metres apart and are not to be altered.
Do not handle other players’ bowls.
Only one player to handle the kitty. Wash your hands or use sanitiser regularly.
Sneeze or cough into your handkerchief or your elbow.
ENTRY TO THE CLUBHOUSE IS NOT PERMITTED.
Please take care, we look forward to everyone returning to Bowls and Croquet following this current lock down.
Board of Management
2 X 8 ends Starts Wednesday 10th. June
$10.00 Drawn crossover pairs. 12:30 Start
Maximum of 20 players per green, club house not allowed to be used ,except for toilets.
Tea and coffee available in outside undercover area.
Contact Tas 0411 265 399 or Wayne 0423 831 486
Great prizes !!!
Spectators are not permitted at the Club. (social distancing still required).
As a reminder, general hygiene practices include:
- Clean hands by having hand sanitizer readily available at the club,
- Refrain from shaking hands and ‘high-fiving’ others.
- All mats & jacks should be thoroughly cleaned before being used.
- Wash your hands before and after play.
- Refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Do not attend the club if you are feeling unwell.
Due to Coronavirus Pandemic and the response by the Victorian State Government which has imposed stage two restrictions, the Golden Square Bowling and Croquet Club is closed as of 12.00 mid-day on Wednesday 25th of March 2020 and all club activities are suspended, until further notice.
Activities suspended are: . Bar services and any functions
. Social Bowls
. Indoor Bowls and Card afternoons
. Social Croquet
. Friday night happy hour and raffles
. All practice bowls and croquet
Anyone wishing to remove their bowls or personal items from the club are requested to do so by Tuesday 31 March 2020 and to arrange this with Di Stammers.
Please note the club’s Presentation night and AGMs for the Board, the Bowls Section and the Croquet Section have been adjourned until Friday 28th August 2020. Any further changes required by Government will be advised to members
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SATURDAY PENNANT COMPETITION HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR TODAY…
Julie Ross, Mardi Chisholm, Patti Pain and Mary Cusack were successful winners of the Women’s State Fours. They will now go on to play in the Region Final. Congratulations Ladies !!!
Division 1 @ Home vs Eaglehawk
- Guenther Ebenwaldner, Ron Barri, Trevor Schill, Mal Finch (s)
- Steve Drummond, Wayne Robins, Doug Condon, Tas Wallis (s)
- Russell Williams, Phil Gooch, Daryl Cheeseman, Geoff Walsh (s)
- John Reid, Jim Walkington, Alan Eddy, Gary Conforti (s)
Division 3 @ Bendigo East
- Steve Benney, Graham Taylor, Colin Murphy, Steve Egan (s)
- Terry Johansen, Rob Strauss, Wayne Lyons, George Cronk (s)
- John Bush, Paul Beveridge, Alan Spence, Peter Bush (s)
- Alan Slingo, Don Kent, Laurie Power, Jeff Frost (s)
Division 5 @ Home vs Bridgewater
- John Waterson, Glen Fordham, Ruth Pearce, Ken Connaughton (s)
- Alan Collins, Peter Ferrier, David Luke, Hartley Hendy (s)
- Colin Bird, Ray Bell, Peter Camm, Gil Tipple (s)
- Rob Gould, Ian Hammond, Ernie Chapman, Walter Stammers (s)
Division 7 @ Eaglehawk
- Bob Hutchinson, Merv Nelson, John Brennan, Carl Blaufuhs (s)
- Bob Grainger, Wal Hamblin, Mal Campbell, Reg McCamish (s)
- Alan Brown, Allan Lowes, Terry Cope, Lee Strauss (s)
Training on Thursday from 3:00pm – 4:30pm in designated teams, two bowls only.
Round 8 best performed Rink for the Foundry Hotel vouchers – Div 1
Last week’s best performed rink; Div 3
Alan Slingo, Don Kent, Laurie Power, Jeff Frost (s)
A final reminder for pennant day. If the match is close in the closing ends of a match, the Seconds should ensure the correct score is on the score boards so the Skips who are still playing are informed. This could change the way they approach their rinks play to change a potential loss to a win or draw.